Global Missions Prayer Points
Bethel Gospel Assembly’s Local & Global
Disciple-Making Prayer Points
Bethel’s Mission Statement
Bethel Gospel Assembly is a church committed to reaching the world, making disciples locally and globally through the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
Bethel’s Vision Statement
Our vision is to influence the world as a:
Loving Church – Each individual is important
Learning Church – Each individual can improve
Launching Church – Each individual can impact their community and the world to the Glory of God
Liberating Church – Each individual should be increasing in their involvement with social justice and human rights from an authentically biblical perspective
Harlem, New York/USA
This is our Jerusalem which as the home front is the proving ground for all foreign missions
- Bishop Carlton Brown, Associate Pastors, Elders, Deacons and Leaders to be led of the Spirit and that all areas of the church will reflect a commitment to our missions statement. Also pray for our Missions Pastor Mimsie Robinson, our Missions Director James Washington and for the missions board and staff.
- That all the members of our church would live evangelistic lives and actively seek to be involved in discipleship efforts at home and abroad through prayer, giving, sending, going and welcoming immigrants. Pray that more of our members will partner with Global Gates to join efforts reaching out to individuals from unreached people groups in the NYC area.
- Our daughter church, Living Water Christian Center which meets in the Connection Center. This, which is a bilingual French and English speaking congregation made up, primarily of francophone West Africans. Since many come from Muslim backgrounds, let’s pray that God will use them to reach the many Islamic people in the Metro New York City area.
-Beth-Hark Christian Counseling Center, which is the social service arm of Bethel addressing food insufficiency through our pantry and hot meals along with counseling for mental health needs of the community. Pray for the staff which is led by Executive Director Michelle P. Robinson and for an increase in the number of faithful volunteers.
- For all of our ongoing outreach ministries including: Saturday Invasion, Kingdom-Minded Educators, Kingdom-Minded Health & Human Service Professionals, New Horizon Juvenile Detention, Hope HIV Residential Center, International Guest Outreach, Wednesday Visitors’ Service and Operation Spiritual Thunder
- Bethel Gospel Global Assemblies churches in Harlem, the Bronx, New Jersey, Georgia, Florida, etc.
- Unity amongst the churches in Harlem and in the Greater New York area with regards to collaborative local and global disciple-making efforts
- Unity in the Body of Christ, especially along racial, political and denominational lines. Pray for a genuine Holy Ghost revival in the United States
- President-elect Joseph Biden and his cabinet. Also ask God to give wisdom to all federal, state and local government officials, church, business and human service leaders.
The missionaries there are Kelly and Ursula Daniel and their three children: Keliann, Katherine and Kelly, Jr.
- God’s protection, provisions, favor and anointing upon the Daniel Family in their ministry to
- Increased finances to meet the medical, social and employment needs of the people, especially the Gypsies which are the neediest
- Continued protection from the direct and indirect attacks of the enemy against their safety, reputation and human rights
We collaborate with several pastors and churches which have been involved with Urban and Global Missions Alliance. These include:
- Seed of Life Worship Center – Pastors Tom and Victoria Gibbs
- Familia de Dios – Pastor Frederick and Sis. Patricia Heemstadt have each gone home to be with the Lord. Pray for their daughter and other leaders to be able to carry out the work as the Lord leads.
- Iglesia Emanuel - Pastor Gilbert and Sister Stella Maartes
- God’s anointing and favor upon their ministries and particularly their outreach at home, in Venezuela and other areas in need of the Gospel in conjunction with Urban & Global Missions Alliance
- For finances and short-term missions teams to assist them in these endeavors
This is the Central and West African country where our Adopted Unreached People Group, the Baka (pygmies) live. Our missionaries in this region are:
- Dr. Reda Anderton & Family (Husband Phil went home to be with the Lord in 2005; Sons Noah and Nelson are there with her now; others have returned to the US)
- Barry & Desma Abbott
- Nathan & Laurel Conrad
- Protection, Provisions, Favor and God’s Anointing upon our missionaries in reaching the Baka People for Jesus
- Pray for the continued success for the missionaries with regard to continued growth of the Baka new converts and newly appointed church elders who make up the budding churches.
- God’s grace upon Dr. Anderton and her children as they serve the Baka people
- God to provide medical personnel and support staff to serve on the medical missions team and for future evangelistic efforts scheduled for 2021 or 2022, dependent upon the development and distribution of a vaccine for the Covid 19 virus.
- God’s provision, protection and anointing upon the members of the team
- The impoverished communities of Soco, Santa Fe and Managuyabo which are the usual locations of the medical mission. Ask God for their continued growth and receptivity to the Gospel, as well as for divine healings that will ignite their faith, both now and during future medical missions trips.
- For effective collaboration with the pastors and the churches in the country
- The new leaders of the Good News School of English which was established by Missionary Mendall Rogers during her 8 years in EG. She taught native-Spanish speakers how to speak English using a curriculum based on the Bible.
- Pray for Pastor Raymond Ocansey and his family as they seek to lead a church and continue the ministry started by Sister Mendall Rogers.
- Spiritual growth and steadfastness of students who have received Christ and for others to be saved.
- Ask the Lord to continue sending students, providing funds and a more permanent location for the school.
We support the work of Alpha International Ministries (AIM) which is led by one of our former members, Pastor Bennie Matthews and his family members.
- Protection, Provisions, Favor and the Anointing on the ministers and missionaries to reach the lost Hindus and Muslims of Gujarat state and other parts of Northern India
- Safety for the missionaries and pastors who have often been threatened and even persecuted by Hindus angry at the growing influence of the church Israel
We continue praying for Jews for Jesus and Chosen People Ministries which seek to reach Jewish people in the US, Israel and throughout the world.
- Peace of Jerusalem as commanded by scripture and in light of threats from Iran and others
- Protection, Provision, Favor and the anointing about these missionaries as they share the Gospel with the Jewish people here in New York and throughout the world
- A move of the Holy Spirit which opens the blinded eyes of the Jewish people to the fact that Jesus is the Messiah which was prophesied by the scriptures
- Staff, resources and overall well-being of Union Gardens Christian Academy Pre-school which is in this impoverished area of Kingston, Jamaica
- The children and parents of the school and community to continue to be open to the Gospel
- God to provide short-term missionaries to assist with the vacation Bible school and the evangelistic efforts scheduled for 2021 or 2022, dependent upon the development and distribution of a vaccine for the Covid 19 virus.
We continue praying for Pastor James Whitaker and his wife, Gloria.
- Good Health, Provisions, Favor and Anointing upon Pastor Whitaker and Zion Christian Fellowship
- Zion Christian Academy which services children in the immediate vicinity of the church from Christian and non-Christian homes
- Success of continued outreach efforts in the Philippines
- Pray that final approval will be given for the start of the Master’s in Counseling Program developed by Bethel member Dr. Janet Lerner, in conjunction with the Assemblies of God Bible College in Brewerville.
- Pray for Dr. Lerner’s frequent trips to Liberia. Ask the Lord to grant her safety and success in handling business related to the counseling program and otherwise.
- Pray for effective education, employment and training programs which can lead to productive and self-sustaining individuals and families.
We pray for many ministries in Nigeria and have a portion of our membership from this location.
- Children Evangelism Ministry geared to reach children for Christ and Pastor Alex Lakoju and his wife, Agatha, who are missionaries to the USA from this ministry.
- Dr. Mark and Ozioma Ogharaerumi who serve as linguists translating the Bible into languages of unreached people groups in Nigeria.
- Persecuted Christians and the advancement of the gospel amongst Muslims in Northern Nigeria.
Please pray for:
- God’s protection, provisions, favor and anointing upon John & Emilia Ceuta to the ministry in Romania
- New opportunities to spread the gospel and to plant many churches
- The Staff and Students (100) of the Social Day Care project Romania Kids and also Grace Feeding Center (250 people). Also pray for sponsorship of the students from poor families and finance to continue this dynamic endeavors
- For 55 churches all over Romania they would grow spiritually, numerically and in terms of resources.
- For new construction projects (School and Gym) for K-12. Presently, we have 370 students. This will be the first Christian School in the South of Romania who will have this program K-12.
- For medical personnel and support staff for future missions trips. Also pray for the proposed evangelistic crusade efforts. Ask God to guide and protect those who go.
We support the ministry of Pastors Orlando and Glenda Wilson
- Health, Provisions, Favor and God’s Anointing upon the Wilsons, their church, Heaven’s Touch International, and ministry
- The St. Maarten United Ministerial Front as they continue to work together for the advancement of God’s Kingdom St. Vincent
We have 3 daughter churches on this southern Caribbean Island which are all called Bethel Gospel Assembly. These were planted in 1937 by Missionary Venus Williams (grandmother of our Associate Pastor Gordon Williams and Pastor Vincent Williams) .
- Bethel Gospel Assembly in Georgetown (led by Pastor Calvert Williams)
- Bethel Gospel Assembly in North Union (led by Bishop Charles, Local Overseer of the 3churches)
- Bethel Gospel Assembly in Owia (also covered by Bishop Charles)
- Good health, provisions, favor and God’s anointing upon these leaders and their spouses
- Special prayer for Mother Jestina Charles whose health has been challenged in recent years
- Numerical and spiritual growth of the 3 churches
- Young pastors who can undergird the North Union and Owia churches
Our missionary, Dr. Ruth Onukwue, is the Executive Director of Bethel Gospel Assemblies Ministries Trust in South Africa.
- Good health, provisions, favor and God’s anointing for Dr. Ruth Onukwue in ministering to the needs of the South African people
- The staff and students (about 140) of Harmony Christian School that all would grow spiritually and that an environment of learning would be fostered. Also pray for the sponsorship of students from poor families and for finances to continue this dynamic endeavor.
- Pray for the continued success of the Chicken Farm and for similar efforts such as a potential gaming farm which can provide funding streams.
- The 5 churches which have been planted in South Africa under Bethel Gospel Assembly Ministries Trust that they would grow in spirit, resources and numerically
- Pray for Emmanuel and Gracious Iheaka, Nigerian missionaries as they serve in the Transkei. Pray for Willowvale Gospel Assembly and its growth.
- Pray for God’s will regarding future Short-Term Missions efforts in South Africa.
- Pray that God will raise up missionaries or an indigenous leader who can work closely with Dr. Ruth as a leadership apprentice
We have supported the churches of Pentecostal Assemblies of God in Zambia since the 1970s.
- Unity of the leadership, God’s anointing and finances for the growing churches of the PAOG-Zambia
- Continued success of Lazarus Ministry for AIDS Orphans under the direction of Bishop Joshua Banda in Northmead.
- The stability of the Zambian government and that God will raise up faithful Christians to serveand build up this country which has been dedicated to God.